Easy Indian butter chicken (serves six)
- 500g Mutti passata
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 800g chicken breast cutted into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root grated
- 2 teaspoons curry
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 200g cooked basmati rice
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute, add ginger, all the other spices and salt. Cook about 3 minutes. If needed, add a tablespoon of water. Then add the passata and 60ml of water.
- Add the chicken thighs and mix well. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and allow the sauce to reduce a little. Taste and see if you need to add a little bit more salt.
- Serve warm over basmati rice with chopped parsley and mint.
- Bake the dough 220 celsius for 15 minutes. Then put on top pizza sauce and bake for 10 minutes more.
Recipe © Mutti | https://mutti-parma.com/en/
What’s more tasty than a delicious chicken curry dish?.
Courtesy of Mutti, an Italian firm who produce organic tomatoes, we this week present a selection of tasty recipes involving the fruit, and we continue today with a delicious recipe for butter chicken.