Spanish Paella with Pork (Serves 4)
- 400g pork loin strips
- 1 x large red onion
- 1 x large yellow pepper
- 3 x cloves garlic
- 150g pack cooked king prawns
- 50g black pitted olives
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300g paella rice (or risotto rice)
- 10g fresh parsley
- Pinch saffron
- 2 x tsp smoked paprika
- 35ml rapeseed oil
- 2 x vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 800 ml boiling
- Peel, halve and thinly slice the onion
- Cut the pepper into quarters, discard any white pith and seeds and slice thinly
- Peel and finely chop the garlic
- In a large frying pan, wok or paella pan heat the oil
- Sauté the sliced onions and pork for a couple of minutes to brown
- Add the sliced pepper, paprika, rice and garlic – cook for another couple of minutes – stirring as you cook . Then add the tinned tomatoes, saffron and the stock
- Season with some black pepper – cook on a gentle heat for 20 minutes – stirring occasionally
- Then add the prawns, olives and the peas – cook another couple of minutes to heat through
- Chop the parsley, sprinkle over and serve
In Scotland, we have many fine meats – and right now, Quality Meat Scotland is promoting Specially Selected Pork.
Specially Selected Pork is assured pork from Scotland. In a nutshell, Specially Selected Pork is from specific animals that are sourced from selected farms, adopting best practice including animal welfare and natural production methods.
Specially Selected Pork is approved by the Scottish SPCA (Scotland’s animal welfare charity), who independently inspect farms and processors. For more information visit the assurance section of this website.
Quality Meat Scotland (QMS) has been awarded £125,000 to help fund a brand new marketing and public relations campaign to promote Specially Selected Pork.
The campaign will highlight pork as a healthy and easy-to-cook ingredient which is also great value for money at a time of year when shoppers are watching their cash and healthy eating is also high on the agenda.
To mark the Go Places with Pork campaign, we are bringing you a series of tasty recipes over the next week.