Elis Elliot puts the Ariat Skyline Summit GTX walking boots through their paces in the Scottish hills.
What is it? Ariat Skyline Summit GTX Boots (RRP £170)
I want them because: I’ve had some great country boots from Ariat over the years and was keen to give their walking boots a whirl. I wasn’t disappointed. These boots are made from top grade leather that looks as good as it performs. They’re also very lightweight and are a great all-round outdoor boot.
Useful for: Hiking and dog walking. But they’re pretty smart, so work with jeans too.
High point: They’re comfy from the first wear and the sole is incredibly sturdy. They’ve performed really well in the wet.
Low point: Taking them off!
The technical bit:
- ATS Pro technology for advanced stability and comfort
- Premium GORE-TEX waterproof, breathable membrane construction
- Full-grain leather combined with rugged nylon panels
- Mesh lining
- Extra wear protection around toe and heel
- Shock-absorbing EVA midsole
- Dual-density Duratread outsole with multi-directional traction design.