With warmer days finally upon us, it’s time for a spring clean and some new homeware accessories, says Livingston Designer Outlet’s stylist Linsey Lindley. She’s all about adding bursts of colour and changing your accessories to transition effortlessly into spring. Here are Linsey’s five top tips for sprucing up your home this season:
1. If you really want to make a change, take a weekend to look after your abode and repaint your living room in spring summer colours like fresh white, powder greys or subtle pinks (that don’t have to be feminine). You’ll instantly feel refreshed! Statement walls as this season’s must-have interiors accessory and you can find a range of amazing colours to update your home at Graham and Brown such as Charmed Grey or Penelope Pink. Statement wallpaper is another subtle nod to the change in season and this geometric rose gold paper would be one of my ‘must haves’ for SS18.
2. Lighter mornings make spring one of my favourite seasons but changing up the look of your room can also make a real difference. Throw on fresh, light coloured bedding to rejuvenate your space. I love this outdoor-inspired bedding set from Bedeck, named Clementine or turn your bedroom into a floral forest with the Lucy Lemon range from Julian Charles.
3. Set the mood in your home by changing the scent – winter is all about deep, natural, rustic scents but spring should be about light, fresh smells like cotton or jasmine and violet that remind you of spring or summer days. The easiest way to swap it up is by adding a few candles to each room – that includes bedroom, living rooms and the bathroom. Yankee Candles are classic (and last a lifetime!) and we’ve got a great range in our Julian Charles store at Livingston Designer Outlet. My favourites for the moment are Peony and Shea Butter.
4. Bringing the inside indoors is another simple way to change the look and feel of your space. Plants and pots are interior and Instagram goals at the moment and you don’t need to break the bank to do it yourself. Look out for supermarket foliage or a gorgeous bunch of blooms and pair it was a stunning vase like this farmhouse chic jug from Graham & Brown.
5. Accessories might be our best friend when it comes to reinventing your wardrobe but the same can be said for your home space. Winter would have been filled with heavy, luxurious textures like faux fur and merino wools but this spring is all about light linens and pastel cottons. Swap your living room cushions for something like this dusky pink velvet one from Graham & Brown or why not brighten up your living room with this fresh white lamp from Pagazzi?