Property sales are staying strong in Aberdeen

New quarterly figures released property consultancy Galbraith shows the Aberdeen property market to be holding strong as we head towards the festive period.

The team in Aberdeen handled a year on year increase of 44 per cent more property sales covering the third quarter of the year (July – Sept 2019) this quarter compared to the same quarter last year.

The number of viewings conducted and properties available to sell through Galbraith in Aberdeen held strong, and the number of applicant registrations was up by 4 per cent on the previous quarter of this year.

Buyer trends followed a similar pattern this quarter compared to the previous quarter with 86 per cent of buyers being Scottish and the remaining 14 per cent being from the rest of the UK.

The average time taken to sell property by Galbraith in Aberdeen fell by 54 days with the quickest sale being completed in 58 days.

Hannah Christiansen, head of the estate agency team in Aberdeen, said: ‘Our figures highlight a more active property market in Aberdeen with sales up and the average time taken to sell falling. As agents in a challenging property market we have to be creative, proactive and persistent to find buyers and achieve sales.

‘We are still witnessing a continuing trend of homebuyers willing to live outwith Aberdeen but only a short commute to the city as a result of the new Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route, as they recognise the great value for money property offers in areas like Laurencekirk and Edzell in the south and Balmedie and Ellon to the north.

‘As in previous years, there has been a slight tail off in viewings and offers in late autumn, however, there is generally a pattern of increased activity in the run up to Christmas when people are keen to purchase their new property with a view to living in it in the New Year and starting afresh. So, for anyone considering putting their house on the market then now is absolutely the right time.

‘Once Christmas Day has passed online property portals experience a surge of traffic and last year was no exception with OnTheMarket visits increasing by 13.7 million during last year’s festive period and Rightmove receiving 230 per cent more page views between Christmas and New Year’s Day.’