A private residential estate with stunning views towards Ben Lomond is now for sale.
Presented for sale by Knight Frank, Finnich Malise is a classic imposing B-listed Georgian house near Drymen, Stirlingshire, consisting of four reception rooms, eight bedrooms and five bathrooms. In the grounds are a two bedroom garden flat with separate entrance, gate lodge and one estate cottage, and a sandstone steading converted in 4 holiday cottages which produce a useful income stream
Finnich Malise is an elegant family home built between 1806 and 1809 by William Leckie. Situated in the heart of the estate, the house has the most wonderful south facing position overlooking the gardens. It is approached by a tree-lined tarmac driveway.
The house has been sympathetically restored and decorated to a very high standard, preserving the Georgian features. The features include the tall sash-and-case windows with working shutters, the oak panelling in the hallway, dining room and drawing room and the original open fireplaces in the reception rooms.
They also include the drawing room with fitted book shelves and bay window overlooking Ben Lomond, the billiard room with a bay window overlooking the terrace, the sitting room with a traditional Austrian wood stove and the cupola above the hallway providing plenty of natural light throughout. All of the rooms have excellent views overlooking the garden policies or the surrounding countryside.
The accommodation is over four storeys as follows:
Ground Floor: hallway, cloakroom, drawing room, dining room with pantry, TV room, sitting room and kitchen with an Aga.
First Floor: landing, master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and dressing room, five further bedrooms, family bathroom and two shower rooms.
Second Floor: bedroom with sitting room, W.C, bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom.
Lower Ground Floor: laundry, office, pantry, billiards room and wine cellar. A door leads into a garden flat (large sitting room, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom) with its own entrance.
The heating and hot water are provided by two 45 kW biomass boilers which are situated in a purpose built container beside the house, shielded by a bank of rhododendrons.
Gate Lodge – Located by the main entrance, this attractive gate lodge is of traditional stone construction beneath a pitched slate roof. Benefitting from oil-fired central heating and double glazing, the accommodation is as follows: Hall, sitting room (with wood burning stove), kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom.
There is a parking area of the side and a large garden to the rear with a burn running through. The lodge is let under a Short Assured Tenancy.
High Cottage – Between the main house and the steading is a short drive leading to High Cottage. The traditional cottage sits in a very private setting and has accommodation as follows: Entrance hall, sitting room (with fireplace), kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom.
There is a front and side garden and a detached timber garage. The cottage is let under a Short Assured Tenancy.
A short distance to the southwest of the main house, approached by the front or back drive, is the attractive B-listed red sandstone steading, built in 1809. In 2010, the steading was completely re-roofed and refurbished. The central courtyard is entered through an impressive arch and the south side has been converted into four holiday cottages, each with its own patio. On the other side of the courtyard is a large hall with its own kitchen, used for family functions and as a games room for the cottages. The steading also contains an office, laundry, two workshops, a garage and a storage shed.
Oak Cottage. Ground floor: dining kitchen, sitting room (with sofa bed) and W.C. First floor: two bedrooms and bathroom.
Birch Cottage. Ground floor: dining kitchen, sitting room and W.C. First floor: two bedrooms and bathroom.
Rowan Cottage. Ground floor: dining kitchen, sitting room (with sofa bed), bedroom and shower room.
Sycamore Cottage. Ground floor: kitchenette, sitting room with dining area, bedroom.
The grounds surrounding the house and cottages are laid out with sweeping lawns open to the south and west. To the front of the house the impressive lawns extend for about 140 yards and are interspersed with groups of specimen trees, flanked by mature woodland. The gardens burst into colour in June with blooms of Azaleas, roses and rhododendrons. There is a two acre walled garden which still contains part of the original greenhouse complete with folly. Beyond, there is an attractive lime avenue leading to the former wash house.
There is an all-weather tennis court and a Victorian summerhouse with thatched roof. Beyond the formal gardens, there is a small duck pond with hut and jetty.
The agents will consider offers over £2.3million.
For more details, click HERE.