Truffle Pasta Riso
- Pasta riso: 80g
- Butter: 60g
- White onions: 40g
- White wine: 30g
- Fine salt: 12g
- Ground white pepper: 5g
- Vegetable broth: 1 litre
- Spring onion: 1 bunch
- Mascarpone: 30g
- Vegetable milk (or soy or almond alternatives if required): ¼ litre
- Black melanosporum truffle: 6g (chopped and shavings)
- Old Comté (preferably aged for 14 months): 6g
- Fleur de sel (flower of salt): 2g
- Chervil (or small chard shoots of French parsley or watercress): 3g
- Fauchon olive oil (or any good olive oil you may already have at home): 2g
- Cooking the riso: Chop the white onions and sweat them in butter without colouring. Add the riso and coat in the fat, as you would for a risotto. Season with fine salt and pepper. Add the hot vegetable broth and gradually cook the risotto (for approximately 11 mins). Drain the pasta rice, reserving the cooking broth. Once cooked, spread the riso in a plate and fork it lightly to cool it. Top tip: this avoids the pastas sticking.
- Preparing the spring onion: Chop the white and the green of the spring onion finely
- Truffle: To prepare the truffle, peel and keep the trimmings. Finely chop the trimmings. Mandolin the prepared truffle and carve 5 regular shavings
- Second stage with the vegetable broth: Reduce the reserved vegetable broth by half by simmering. Add the milk of your choice and 30 gr of butter, bringing it to a simmer and cook for approximately 3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to your liking and then mix together with the cooked pasta rice. Remove from the heat. Top tip: the riso must be smooth. Cut the Comté cheese into fine slices and then triangles Top tip: do not slice them too thick or they will not melt evenly.
- Finishing the riso: Add the chopped spring onion, chopped truffle, mascarpone and adjust the seasoning. Place the riso in a deep plate and scatter the truffle and old Comté shavings in the center. Then add the chervil / parsley / watercress according to availability and season with olive oil
Recipe © Fauchon l'Hotel Paris | http://www.hotel-fauchon-paris.fr
We all like to try something a little different every now and again – and today, we present a recipe with a difference.
For those in need of a little inspiration – with a side of escapism – Fauchon l’Hotel Paris’s Grand Cafe Fauchon is pleased to share its delicious Truffle Pasta Riso recipe.