Whisky Infused Plank Roast Salmon with Dill Lemon Whisky mayonnaise (Serves 4)
- Side of salmon, allow for 140g per person
- BBQ cedar planks
- 50ml BenRiach 10 Classic mixed with 500ml water
- 2 lemons
- Olive oil
- For the dill mayonnaise - A handful dill
- 2 teaspoons BenRiach 10 Classic
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 hours before cooking, grate the zest of two lemons and crack a liberal amount of some sea salt and pepper onto the salmon with the skin side down and leave to rest.
- 45 minutes before cooking, soak the BBQ cedar plank in whisky and water solution until ready to cook.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/392F and place the soaked plank in the oven for 10 mins before removing it and rubbing the surface with olive oil.
- Place the salmon skin side down onto the plank and roast in the oven for around 20 minutes. The salmon should be cooked through and ready to flake.
- Remove salmon from the oven and serve on the plank.
- For the dill mayonnaise, combine the ingredients in a bowl and serve with the salmon.
Chef Ed Barnard of Right to Roam today brings us another delicious recipe, in partnership with BenRiach Whisky.
Right to Roam is an event caterer based in both Speyside and London. Food is made from scratch, using the best of local produce, with an emphasis on theatre and playfulness and the freedom to be inspired by the world.
Leon Restaurants co-founder Allegra McEvedy said: ‘Ed is one talented culinary magpie and Right to Roam’s events are always fun, original and impressive.’
Today, we present a tasty salmon recipe to try.