Pork Tikka Skewers with Masala Sauce (Serves 4)
- 500g pork fillet
- 1 x pack 3 mixed peppers
- 2 x small red onions
- 1 x small brown onion
- 20ml rapeseed oil
- 2 x cloves garlic
- 1 x tsp ground ginger
- 1 x tsp ground cumin
- 1 x tsp chilli powder
- 3 x tsp curry powder
- Juice x 2 lemons
- 1 x 400ml coconut milk
- 35g ground almonds
- 20g tomato puree
- 10g fresh coriander
- 4 x metal or wooden long kebab sticks
- Cut the pork fillet in half lengthways – and cut into chunks. Place the chunks into a bowl with one teaspoon curry powder and the juice of one lemon and mix well. Leave to marinate while you make the masala sauce.
- Chop the red pepper finely – discarding any pith or seeds. Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and mince the garlic.
- In a wok, fry the chopped pepper, onion and garlic for two minutes on a low heat.
- Add the rest of the curry powder, cumin, chilli and ginger
- Cook for another minute, stirring as you cook
- Add the coconut milk, lemon juice and tomato puree
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the ground almonds and stir well
- Put to one side while you make the Pork Tikka Skewers
- Peel the red onions – cut into chunks. Cut the peppers into chunks, discarding any pith and seeds
- Thread the Pork chunks, onion and peppers onto the skewers
- Turn the grill to high and cook the skewers for about 15 minutes – turning as you cook
- Serve alongside the masala sauce, naan breads, rice, chutneys and pickles
Our week of tasty pork recipes concludes today with a yummy recipes for pork tikka skewers with masala sauce.
To mark the Go Places with Pork campaign, we have brought you a series of delicious recipes. Specially Selected Pork is assured pork from Scotland, from specific animals that are sourced from selected farms, adopting best practice including animal welfare and natural production methods.
Quality Meat Scotland (QMS) has been awarded £125,000 to help fund a brand new marketing and public relations campaign to promote Specially Selected Pork.
The campaign will highlight pork as a healthy and easy-to-cook ingredient which is also great value for money at a time of year when shoppers are watching their cash and healthy eating is also high on the agenda.