Cold smoked trout with crowdie and a honey dressing
- 1 x pkt Belhaven cold smoked trout
- 1 Clerkland Crowdie from Dunlop Dairy
- For dressing: 3tbsps Supernature Rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp Orkney Craft Bere Vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Skye sea salt and freshly milled black pepper (freshly shaken together in a jar)
- Arrange folds of trout with chunks of crowdie on a platter and drizzle with dressing.
Recipe © Wendy Barrie
Christmas is coming, and we’ve a fantastic selection of recipes for you this festive season.
We are delighted to present three video recipes from the award-winning Wendy Barrie, in the run up to the big day.
Today, we present classic cold smoked sea trout with crowdie.
Wendy explained: ‘A heritage dish loved here and now: classic cold smoked sea trout with crowdie, one of our oldest Scottish styles of cheese, served with a drizzle of home made dressing. Perfect for sharing with sourdough or bannocks.’
2018/9 Winner Thistle Regional Ambassador, Central, Fife & Tayside, Wendy is a highly respected campaigner for local sustainable food, popular cookery show presenter and food writer.
Wendy is leader in Scotland for Slow Food Ark of Taste and Slow Food Chef Alliance Member.