- Smoked sausage
- MontereyJack cheese
- Ayepickled Sauerkraut
- Maple-infused barbecue sauce
- Onions to caramelise
- Bagel of your choice
- Grill the sausages. A few minutes before they are finished, grate some Monterey Jack cheese on them to melt
- Caramelise some onions in a separate pan
- Cover one half of your bagel with Aye pickled sauerkraut
- Layer grilled sausages with melted cheese on top, then caramelised onions, and finally drizzle maple infused barbecue sauce all over and close up sandwich and feast. This sauce can be made easily by using your favourite barbecue and heating up in pan while slowly pouring in Canadian maple syrup.
Recipe © Larah Bross/Bross Bagels | http://www.brossbagels.com
Bross Bagels was recently named 10th in the Observer Food Monthly Top 50 of ‘everything we love in the world of food right now.’
And it’s easy to see why, if you visit one of its three outlets throughout Edinburgh.
Bross Bagels was established in August 2017 by owner Larah Bross famous for her bagels worldwide. She has set the bagel scene alight with her authentic Montreal style bagels. Organic and kosher, their bagels are home-made in their Bross Leith bakery and one of a kind in the city.
Larah comes from Montreal; the bagel capital of the world that always gets overlooked by the other bagel capital of the world, New York.
Instead of complaining about the lack of bagels this country has to offer – she decided to do something about it!
By working closely with Debra from Breadshare, Bross Bagels aims to bring authentic bagels to Edinburgh and beyond. Their rustic bagels will be available to buy by the dozen or filled with some NY deli inspired fillings.
For Larah, Montreal will always be the best place for bagels, but she is hoping that Edinburgh becomes a close second.
With their very own Bross bakery, they each offer their very own unique take on the wonderful world of the bagel with individual menus featuring favourites to cater for their bagel lovers throughout the city.
Today, we present the recipe for Holy Smoke- one of Bross Bagels’ recent Leith specials.