Cracked Black Pepper & Crowdie Shortbread
- 125g granulated sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
- 375g plain flour
- ½ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 100g of white chocolate
- 2 tbsp Scottish Crowdie
- 50g double cream
- Pinch of salt
- Bring butter to room temperature. Combine butter and sugar, mix until combined (3 min)
- Add in flour, salt and black pepper rub together between thumb and for fingers. You are looking for the dough to almost come together in big chunks (5 min)
- Bring dough together and tip out onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll out the dough to roughly ¼ in thickness. Cut out into desired shapes! You can reroll excess dough up to 3 times. (5 min)
- Bake at 265 F (130 C) for about 50 minutes (biscuits should be firm to the touch!)
- For the filling, combine white chocolate and double cream over a double boiler until combined. Let mixture cool completely and stir in crowdie. Use a piping bag to fill the shortbread sandwiches
Today we bring you our fifth and final shortbread with a twist recipe.
And today, we put a bit of heat into the old Scottish favourite, with this Cracked Black Pepper & Crowdie shortbread.
Scottish Blend, a brew specially blended for Scottish water, have teamed up with independent Scottish bakery, Pinnies and Poppy Seeds to create five special shortbread flavours.
Shortbread extraordinaire, Jennifer Hunter, runs her own bakery in Edinburgh, and has created a set of five bespoke homemade shortbreads to perfectly compliment your brew.