Sausage stew and potatoes (serves four)
- 8 sausages
- 50g bacon chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 125ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon Mutti triple concentrated
- 500ml Mutti polpa
- 150ml beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Potatoes: Preheat the oven to 200. Boil unpeeled and uncut potatoes until tender but firm, approximately for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in quarters and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes and then grill the potatoes until crisp for 1 2 minutes longer. Watch carefully to avoid burning the potatoes.
- Stew: Heat a large casserole over a medium high heat, add bacon, fry quickly until the fat is golden brown and set aside
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in another casserole, add the onion, garlic, rosemary and cook over a medium heat for 10 15 minutes until soft.
- Add the sausages and cook for 3 minutes stirring. Add the wine to the casserole and let it evaporate, then stir in the passata, triple concentrated, beef stock, bay leaves, sausages and bacon.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook gently for 30 minutes or until the sausages are cooked and the sauce is reduced.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves, taste and if it’s necessary, season with salt and pepper. Serve the stew with potatoes, sour cream and sprinkle with fresh dill.
Recipe © Mutti | https://mutti-parma.com/en/
One of the most popular warming dishes we can have is a stew.
Today, courtesy of Mutti, an Italian firm who produce organic tomatoes, we today bring you a recipe with a twist – a succulent sausage stew.