We’ve teamed up with Sail Scotland to offer a fantastic prize of £500 towards an exciting adventure on the seas around Scotland.
(Please read the full terms and conditions, which follow the competition below, before entering)
- The prize consists of a £500 gift voucher towards any voyage on the Bessie Ellen in 2020. Entrants must make their own arrangements for travel to and from the joining location and be ready to embark at the time and date specified.
- The winning entry will be drawn at random. The winner will be notified by email or phone straight away.
- All entries should be submitted on the Scottish Field website.
- Only one entry per person. Late, illegible or incomplete entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be
sent through agencies or third parties.
- By supplying personally identifiable information when entering this prize draw, VentureSail may use it to provide entrants with ongoing information about its products and services. VentureSail will not rent, sell or lease this information to other companies or individuals. Entrants will receive email newsletters from VentureSail but can unsubscribe at any time.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the VentureSail and accordingly the crew of the Bessie Ellen may at their absolute discretion vary or amend the competition or prize and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to VentureSail as a result thereof.
- Your health and fitness: If you (the applicant) are suffering from a known
medical condition of allergy such as Angina, Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy,
giddy spells or a heart condition, which might incapacitate you, or you
might be pregnant, or you have recently been discharged from hospital, it
might be highly dangerous to go to sea – if in doubt consult your doctor. If
you are being treated with prescribed drugs for any of the above or other
ailments, a doctor’s note will be necessary. It should state, in plain
language, the condition and drugs used. Your doctor should also advise
you of alternative medication in case seasickness renders your regular
medication ineffective. You must ensure that you are carrying the correct
drugs and dosage for the voyage, and that your doctor has advised the
appropriate brand of antiseasickness remedy to take. If you wear
spectacles or contact lenses you are advised to bring a spare pair of
spectacles for the voyage.
- The Applicant is responsible for his/her property while on board. Any property left on board when the voyage is completed will not be the responsibility of Bessie Ellen and the cost of returning such property, if found, will be at The Applicant’s expense.
- Travel Insurance for Cancellation, Personal Effects etc. is required by all Voyagers. The policy must cover sailing holidays for the appropriate sea area. Policy conditions & Exclusions “Carriage hereunder is subject to the
rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Convention, as enacted in the Carriage of Passengers, and their Luggage, by Sea, Domestic Carriage(Order 1987)”
- Travel Cancellation; Any claim may be notified by telephone and must be confirmed in writing as soon as reasonably possible to VentureSail Ltd.
- Safety; Bessie Ellen is MCA certified and her senior crew and skipper are fully qualified and experienced professional seamen. The Applicant agrees to abide by the instructions of the Skipper or duly delegated representative in all safety matters.
- Applicants are responsible for their own transport costs to the port of departure and return home after the voyage.
- Due to the vagaries of weather or mechanical problems Bessie Ellen can make no guarantee of the itinerary of the voyage, including joining and leaving ports.
- Any Applicant under treatment requiring prescribed drugs MUST present the Skipper or Mate with a Doctor’s Note stating, in plain language, the condition and the drugs prescribed.
- The Applicant acknowledges that sailing can be a dangerous activity and agrees that Bessie Ellen or her representatives can take no responsibility for loss or damage or personal injury and that the voyage is taken entirely at the risk of the Applicant.
- Applicants are under the authority of the Skipper at all times during the voyage and must comply with his/her instructions at all times.
- Conduct considered by the Skipper to be disruptive, contrary to good order or prejudicial to the interests or safety of Bessie Ellen by the Applicant, or by other participants, shall entitle the Skipper to put ashore the Applicant in a port where adequate transport facilities, in all respects at the expense of the Applicant and/or parent/guardian, (including the cost of any person escorting the Applicant if so decided), and without liability on VentureSail to make any refund.
- If the Applicant chooses to leave the vessel for any reason before the end of the voyage VentureSail will not be liable to pay any refund of voyage fees or travel expenses incurred in returning home. VentureSail reserves the right to modify, curtail, or cancel the voyage in the event of adverse sea conditions, mechanical problems or other circumstances beyond her control, without recompense.
- VentureSail reserves the right to amend these booking terms and conditions.
- Your statutory rights are not affected. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.